© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Dr. Ernie Ward shows how to whip up a quick and healthy blue corn chip frittata.
If you have trouble viewing this video, click here.
Blue Corn Chip Frittata
Dr. Ernie Ward
Serves 2 to 3
- Organic blue corn chips (approx. 14 to 16, just enough to cover the bottom on an 8-inch omelet pan)
- 1/2 cup egg whites of 4 free-range organic eggs
- 1/3 cup organic plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 cup diced spinach
- Diced or sliced grape tomatoes
- Diced red and yellow peppers
- Freshly chopped parsley, cilantro or other herbs
- Sea salt
- Organic black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil pan. Cover bottom of pan with chips. Add spinach, tomatoes and peppers. In a bowl,whisk egg whites, yogurt and herbs. Pour eggs over chips and vegetables. Place pan in oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with a green salad.