© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News wrap-up: This week’s headlines, UC Davis welcomes first ever chief veterinary officer
Check out this week’s headlines
Happy Friday dvm360 readers! It was fantastic meeting some of you at the Western Veterinary Conference (WVC) in Las Vegas, Nevada this weekend. Check back in throughout the next few weeks to see our coverage of the conference and for previews of our upcoming Fetch dvm360® in Charlotte, North Carolina as we are now 1 month away!
Here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- In this interview with dvm360®, Shadi Ireifej, DVM, DACVS sat down to discuss what attendees will learn if they attend his lecture on diagnosing and treating brachycephalic airway syndrome.
- The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine announced that it has hired Monae Roberts as its first chief diversity officer. After serving as the Director of LGBGTQIA Resource Center and program coordinator at the Cross Cultural Center, Roberts will now solely focus on DEI initiatives at the veterinary school.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Courtney Campbell, DVM, DACVS-SA, talked about his dvm360® February cover story on the veterinary gap, plus what it means to be a Black veterinary professional.
- During WVC, Brie Blakeman, CBCC-KA, CPDT-KA, founder/behavior consultant at Noble Woof Dog Training in Oregon shared the importance of puppy socialization and how time is crucial when it comes to socialization.
- Patrick Mahaney, VMD, CVA, CVJ, president of California Pet Acupuncture & Wellness Inc and chief veterinary officer of Pure Dog Food, joined dvm360® to explain the acupuncture examples he will use in his upcoming lecture at the Fetch dvm360® in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- And more!