Report pet-food problems to the FDA


Washington, D.C. - The Food and Drug Administration wants you to report adverse events from pet food.

Washington, D.C. — The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Center for Veterinary Medicine wants adverse events from pet food to be reported directly to the FDA.

Veterinarians and others can do so by calling the FDA consumer complaint coordinator in their state.

Reports should include as many details as possible, such as lot number, brand name, expiration date, manufacturer or distributor and location of purchase. Reports also should include medical information about the animal.

Veterinarians should consider contacting the manufacturer as well, so an investigation can be initiated where necessary.

Information about the FDA regulation of pet food and contact information for state complaint coordinators is available at

Related Videos
© 2023 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.