Promote your skills
Pet insurance coordinators gain a host of valuable and versatile skills. To ensure that future employers value them, too, consider how some of these skills may apply to your updated resume:
- Critical thinking: Describe how you helped your practice pivot during the pandemic.
- Event planning: Has your hospital hosted events or seminars to educate clients about pet health insurance options? Describe your role in ensuring their success.
- Marketing: Review your part in educating your clients on the benefits of pet insurance by utilizing marketing materials from pet insurance providers.
- Multitasking: Consider the ways you coordinate your work with insurance representatives, clients, and fellow staff members on a daily basis.
- Problem-solving: Nationally, less than 2% of pet owners have pet health insurance. How has your role improved that statistic for your individual hospital?
- Training: How have you helped the other team members better understand and promote pet insurance?
Bonus: Don’t forget about all the soft skills you’ve mastered!