News wrap-up: This week’s veterinary headlines, plus an article highlighting Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Check out this week’s highlights.
Memorial Day weekend has arrived! Jumpstart the celebration by catching up on our latest coverage of the veterinary industry.
Here’s an inside look at some of this week’s highlights:
- Relief Rover is hosting its first virtual 5k race event to support mental wellness in veterinary medicine, donating a portion of the proceeds to Not One More Vet.
- A Massachusetts veterinary hospital recently transitioned to an environmentally-friendly facility.
- In honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, the AAVMC hosted a podcast featuring AAVMP president Hira Basit. She shed light on the recent hate crimes against AAPI individuals and the AAVMP's role in improving diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine.
- Chewy’s telehealth platform “Connect with a Vet” now includes a free video consultation feature, the ability to preschedule virtual appoints, and beyond.
- Fear Free launched a new equine certification program, designed to educate veterinary professionals about the benefits of using Fear Free methods when handling equine patients during barn or hospital visits.
Stay tuned on social media and dvm360.com for more veterinary news.