Spooktacular CE opportunities
A look at dvm360’s upcoming October CEs opportunities, and more
Now that spooky season is officially underway do not let the fear of missing out on continuing education (CE) opportunities haunt you! As we kick off October, there are multiple new and interesting ways to earn your CE credits. Whether you prefer to sit and watch webinars while you carve pumpkins, read articles while waiting for trick or treaters, or attend conferences like our Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference from October 10-12 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, we have something for everyone!
Along with our CE content, we have multiple non-CE activities on the horizon including podcast episodes with some familiar faces.
- Faculty: Joya Griffin, DVM, DACVD
- Specialty: Dermatology
- Sponsor: Vetoquinol
- Date: October 26, 2022
We will have more live webinars, including our new Fast Flex™ 30-minute mid-day webinars.
Did you miss any of our webinars last month and wish you could have been there? Don’t worry, they are now available on dvm360 Flex!
- Faculty: Robert J. Silver, DVM, MS
- Specialty: Alternative Medicine
- Sponsor: Real Mushrooms for Pets
This class covered in-depth, the life cycle of the mushroom, and how those influences cultivation practices which in turn dictates mushroom potency. The two classes of mushrooms and their important members will be discussed in detail. Several of the more important and better-known mushrooms will be discussed. The scientific evidence that supports their use medicinally will be covered in this class, including the most recent study into Turkey Tail and hemangiosarcoma in dogs, and oyster mushroom and vaccination titers in immunosuppressed puppies.
- Faculty: Philip J. Bergman, DVM, MS, PHD, DACVIM (Oncology), and Craig A. Clifford DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Specialty: Practice Management
- Sponsor: VCA Animal Hospital
The primary goal of this lecture is to discuss ways to improve communication between specialty medicine and primary care medicine. We will discuss the current challenges from each side and how we can overcome these to provide better total care for our patients.
- Faculty: Sue Ettinger, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology), and Heather Wilson-Robles, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Specialty: Oncology
- Sponsor: Volition Veterinary
This lecture discussed the science behind cancer screening using nucleosomic quantification (Nu.Q®) technology and the importance of implementing screening into wellness visits. We discussed the current impact of cancer on the veterinary community, how nucleosomic quantification can potentially catch cancer early, and peer-reviewed papers/abstracts/posters that validate the process. Case studies were presented including what to do once results are received.
- Faculty: Kaitlyn Boatright, VMD
- Specialty: Feline Medicine
- Sponsor: Nationwide
Do you find talking about money stressful? In school, we learn gold standard medicine, but in practice, we must balance client financial limitations with the best interest of our patients. There are flexible ways to get the information we want and need while still working within a client’s means by embracing the concepts of spectrum of care and incremental care.
Join us December 2-4 in San Diego, California, for another engaging educational experience, once again face to face. Our safety protocols mean that you can earn CE credits plus interact and network in person with peers, friends, and faculty—all in complete safety! Join keynote speakers Phillip Nelson, DVM, PhD, Peter Weinstein, DVM, MBA, Courtney Campbell, DVM, DACVS-SA, Molly McAllister, DVM, MPH, and Mariana Pardo,BVSc, MV, DACVECC, as well as countless other industry leaders to learn more about dermatology, internal medicine, practice management, exotics, sports medicine and rehabilitation, and more!
Register here today to secure your spot.
Upcoming Vet Blast Podcast episodes* (non-CE)
- October 4, 2022: Patricia White, DVM, MS, DACVD, discusses her career in as a heart-centered veterinarian in dermatology and her transition to veterinary coach.
- October 6, 2022: Valerie Marcano, DVM, PhD, and Seth Andrews, PhD, the cofounders of Pawsibilities will be discussing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the veterinary profession.
- October 11, 2022: Marcy A. Bliss, chief executive officer of Wedgewood Pharmacy, on what you need to know with the changing landscape of compounding medicine.
- October 13, 2022: Paul Kline, describes what it is like being the chief medical officer at CityVet.
- October 18, 2022: Gianluca Bini, DVM, teaches listeners how to anesthetize a fish.
- October 20, 2022: Gaemia Tracy, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology), on how percutaneous laser disc ablation is a proactive approach to minimizing intervertebral disc disease in canines.
- October 25, 2022: Angela Ardolino dives into the world of integrative medicine.
*Please note that Vet Blast Podcast episode release dates are tentative and subject to change.
Have ideas for future continuing education opportunities or wish to educate fellow colleagues as one of our faculty? Tell us more at email@example.com.