© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News-wrap up: This week's veterinary news, plus how Fear Free can help anxious cat visits
Check out this week's highlights.
As we wrap up the first week of January, we remain dedicated to providing you with a robust mix of engaging news and content. From the latest industry news to veterinary medical insight, we have you covered.
Here is a look at this week's highlights:
- Rowan University will be opening the first veterinary school of medicine in New Jersey to help with the rising demand for veterinary professionals in the United States.
- In honor of the late Betty White, Morris Animal Foundation celebrated her life by sharing the impact she had on the animal and the veterinary community.
- The FDA approved expanded indications for sarolaner, moxidectin, and pyrantel chewable tablets. The combination treatment by Zoetis, Simparcia Trio, kills deer ticks which blocks the Lyme Disease-causing pathogens.
- Lisa Radosta, DVM, DACVB, revealed why cats can be especially anxious during veterinary visits, plus offered advice on how Fear Free methods can help alleviate this stress for feline patients.
- The American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) has released comprehensive guidelines to help veterinary professionals identify, control, and prevent Equine Piroplasmosis (EP).
Stay tuned on social media and dvm360.com for more veterinary news.