News-wrap up: This week’s veterinary headlines, plus shedding light on bias in admissions processes
Check out this week’s highlights.
Happy Friday! We know you're busy. That's why remain dedicated to providing you with the latest and greatest veterinary news right at your fingertips.
To jumpstart the weekend, here's a look at this week's top headlines:
- A recent Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) study revealed unintended bias in veterinary school admissions processes.
- PetSmart Charities officially announced the second year of its Steve Marton Veterinary Student Scholarship, which awards one first- or second-year veterinary student up to $50,000 towards their annual tuition fees.
- In the latest episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Dr Adam Christman is joined by Dr Chris Pachel who provides useful tips about discussing behavior recommendations and modifications with overwhelmed clients.
- The Vet Recruiter founder and her team recently launched Therio Partners, a recruitment firm designed to help fill C-suite and board of directors positions within the animal health and veterinary technology industries.
- Last month, ElleVet Sciences launched The ElleVet Project, which helps expand free veterinary care to pets with homeless owners and street pets.
Stay tuned on social media and dvm360.com for more veterinary news.