© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News wrap-up: This week's veterinary headlines, plus a podcast about career pivoting
Here's a look at this week's highlights.
We made it— it’s Friday! We know you're busy offering the best quality of care to your patients. That's why we remain dedicated to providing you with the latest veterinary news right at your fingertips.
Check out some of this week's top headlines below.
- Elanco Animal Health has released the first-ever oral flea and tick tablet for cats, offering veterinarians and feline pet parents a new safe and effective parasite preventive option.
- Previously known as the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges, this organization slightly changed its name to the American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges to better display its position as an international organization.
- Veterinarians lead busy lifestyles. From tips on strategically using technology to pointers on relationship building, learn how to maximize your day while providing high-quality care and service for pets and pet owners.
- A devastating petting zoo fire of unknown causes at Noccalula Falls Park in Alabama took the lives of approximately 78 animals. The zoo is shut down until further notice.
- This 8-year-old patient with cancer’s dream to become a veterinarian for the day was fulfilled thanks to Oklahoma State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine’s teaching hospital and Make-A-Wish Oklahoma. Here are some highlights from her special day.
- The San Francisco SPCA filed a First Amendment lawsuit against the California Veterinary Medical Board, challenging a law that prohibits telemedicine use between veterinarians and pet owners that have not first met in person.
- In this episode of the Vet Blast Podcast, Dr Christman is joined by veterinarian-turned-lawyer, Dr Bowens, who discusses what inspired her career pivot and offers advice to other veterinary professionals on the topic.
Stay tuned on social media and dvm360.com for more veterinary news.
Client Relations & MarketingWellbeing & LifestyleLaw & EthicsTechniciansProductsTechnologyAssociatesPractice ManagerBusinessFeline Medicine