© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
American Veterinarian Adds 15 New Editorial Advisory Board Members
Board members will assist the editorial staff in delivering the latest clinical veterinary news.
—American Veterinarian®, the premier multimedia provider of cutting-edge news, research, and conference coverage in veterinary medicine, welcomes 15 new members to its Editorial Advisory Board.
The board members will work in collaboration with the editorial team by recommending topics, soliciting and providing content, and sharing news and information about their veterinary school, industry, state, or practice area.
“The unique perspective and real-world experience offered by the advisory board members is imperative for the growth of our publication and for our readership. We look forward to working with these individuals and leveraging their expertise to offer our readers the latest and most relevant information available,” said Chris Hennessy, publisher of American Veterinarian®.
Following are the new members joining the Editorial Advisory Board:
- Jan Bellows, DVM, DAVDC, ABVP (Canine and Feline Practice), one of 114 board-certified veterinary dentists in the United States, practices at All Pets Dental and Hometown Animal Hospital in Weston, Florida.
- Philip J. Bergman DVM, MS, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology), an oncologist at Katonah Bedford Veterinary Center in Bedford Falls, New York, serves as the director of clinical studies for VCA Hospitals and is an adjunct faculty member at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
- Kurt E. Blaicher, DVM, DABVP, owns Blaicher Veterinary Health Care in Bedminster, New Jersey.
- Matt Brunke, DVM, CCRP, CVPP, CVA, practices at the Veterinary Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Group in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. He is certified in veterinary pain management and acupuncture and has just completed his residency requirements for the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Meghan E. Burns, DVM, owns Connect Veterinary Consulting in Kansas City, Missouri, where she specializes in marketing, product and business development, key opinion leader management, and medical writing.
- David Dycus, DVM, MS, CCRP, DACVS, is an orthopedic staff surgeon at Veterinary Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Group in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. He holds an appointment on the research committee of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons and is a scientific reviewer for a number of journals.
- William Ray Folger, DVM, MS, ABVP (Feline Practice), is the owner of Memorial Cat Hospital in Houston, Texas. He also serves on the American Veterinary Medical Association Animal Welfare Committee and American Association of Feline Practitioners Feline Welfare Committee, and he served twice as president of the Society for Veterinary Medical Ethics.
- Margaret Gruen, DVM, MVPH, PhD, DACVB, is a researcher at Duke University’s Canine Cognition Center in Durham, North Carolina, and an adjunct professor at North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
- Matthew Krecic, DVM, MS, MBA, DACVIM (SAIM), serves as the senior technical services manager of U.S. diagnostics at Zoetis in Parsippany, New Jersey.
- Diane Levitan, VMD, DACVIM (Small Animal), is the owner of Peace Love Pets Veterinary Care, PLLC, and Insight Mobile Veterinary CT, in Commack, New York. She is also the founder and director of Helping Promote Animal Welfare, Inc.
- Heidi Lobprise, DVM, DAVDC, is a dental referral specialist at Main Street Veterinary Hospital and Dental Clinic in Flower Mound, Texas.
- Debbie Martin, CPDT-KA, KPA CTP, LVT, VTS (Behavior), is an animal behavior technician at Veterinary Behavior Consultations, LLC, and co-owner of TEAM Education in Animal Behavior, LLC, in Spicewood, Texas.
- Karen Todd-Jenkins, VMD, is the owner of Independent Veterinary Relief Services in Ewing, New Jersey.
- Bryan T. Torres, DVM, PhD, DACVS-SA, DACVSMR, is an assistant professor of small animal orthopedic surgery and director of the Motion Analysis Laboratory at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri.
- Huisheng Xie, DVM, PhD (Shen), is the owner and president of Chi Institute in Redding, Florida, where he trains veterinarians in Chinese acupuncture, herbal medicine, and food therapy. Additionally, Dr. Xie serves as a clinical professor at University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine.
The American Veterinarian® Editorial Advisory Board comprises members of the state veterinary medical associations, practitioners certified by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners and diplomates from each of the veterinary colleges. The board members will offer content, news, research and other insight to American Veterinarian®, which in return will benefit the readers by providing them with the most up-to-date information available.
For more information about American Veterinarian® Editorial Advisory Board, visit www.americanveterinarian.com.
American Veterinarian®, a comprehensive clinical multimedia information platform with resources both online and in print, provides companion animal practitioners with comprehensive news and information designed to improve patient outcomes and positively impact the way veterinarians practice. In fulfilling our mission to provide a broader view of medicine that encompasses the intertwined worlds of science, medicine and health, American Veterinarian® features the latest news, clinical updates, product information and conference coverage.
American Veterinarian® Press:
Theresa Burek, 609-716-7777 ext. 811, firstname.lastname@example.org
Surabhi Verma, 609-716-7777 ext. 851, email@example.com