© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Celebrating World Rabies Day with 5 must-read rabies articles
In honor of this special day, here are 5 articles that detail some of the latest information about this deadly zoonotic disease, plus recent efforts to stop it in its tracks.
Today marks the 14th World Rabies Day, “A global health observance started in 2007 to raise awareness about rabies and bring together partners to enhance prevention and control efforts worldwide,” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Rabies is 100% preventable, yet it claims 59,000 human lives a year. That’s why the CDC, along with the World Health Organization (WHO), the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) have pledged to eliminate human deaths from dog-transmitted rabies deaths by 2030, which makes this year’s theme, “End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate” very fitting.
Here are 5 rabies articles that offer vaccination updates and obstacles, plus some educational resources for your clients. Take a look:
- Rabies: Making a dent in a deadly global problem: Rabies is the deadliest zoonotic disease, yet somehow it’s also neglected. Find out how 2 organizations are giving the virus the attention it deserves.
- Rabies laws: What you need to know: Here’s everything you need to know about the varying laws surrounding rabies vaccination and exposure across the United States.
- Veterinarian, clients clash over rabies vaccine: In this veterinary dilemma, Dr. Marc Rosenberg shares weight in on rabies state vaccination laws and client concerns.
- Put rabies on your veterinary clients’ radar: Here are 5 rabies facts that you should share with your clients.
- Client handout: Rabies 101: What you need to know: Need help discussing rabies with your clients? No worries. We got you covered! Check out this useful handout.