Happy Monday dvm360® readers! We hope you had a relaxing weekend surrounded by friends, family, and pets! With Thanksgiving, just a little over a week away, now is the perfect time to begin reflecting on all that we are thankful for. What are you the most thankful for this year?
In the meantime, here is what is on the docket for this week at dvm360.com:
- Aflac Incorporated and Trupanion announced they will be joining forces to provide pet insurance for cats and dogs in Japan starting in 2023, pending necessary regulatory approvals.
- Two new episodes of The Vet Blast Podcast are coming out this week! Listen to Matthew McGlasson, DVM, CVPM, as he discusses pet insurance and then Jess Trimble, DVM, and she brings listeners into the world of telehealth and virtual care.
- Experts from Penn Vet and the Perelman School of Medicine disclosed they are teaming up for a new trial of FLASH radiation in dogs suffering from oral cancer, beginning with the first participant, a 13-year-old Labrador Retriever named Maple.
- Learn how to navigate the transition from beyond-use dates to expiration dates in order to help keep your staff informed for less risk and higher margins for the medication kept at your practice.
- In this upcoming article by Tom Seeko, CExP, he helps navigate the world of student debt by giving more information on how and when you should start paying back student loans.
- And more!