© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
This week on dvm360.com: NC State study investigates the connection between hearing loss and geriatric dogs suffering from dementia, plus more veterinary news
Here is a sneak peek at this week’s headlines
Happy Monday everyone! We are officially entering the middle of August, which means the new school year will soon be starting back up again. Who is excited for school to head back in session or what was your favorite part about coming back to school?
While you prepare for the end of the summer, here is what you can find this week on dvm360.com:
- North Carolina State University released a new study that is taking a closer look at the connection between dementia in geriatric patients and hearing loss. Through this work, it can help the treatment of aging canines and understand the relationship between both their sensory loss and cognitive function.
- A “catastrophic failure” at the UC Davis Center for Aquatic Biology and Aquaculture earlier this month has resulted in the deaths of over 20,000 fish.
- This week’s episodes of The Vet Blast Podcast first features Anna VanNoy, PhD, to discuss transitional leadership. Shawn McVey, MA, MSW, and Rachel Teichberg, CVPM, CVBL, then join Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, later on in the week to explain how you can start loving work even if you are feeling disenchanted.
- As we begin to itch closer to school starting again, a veterinarian in Brooklyn is offering tips on how you can help clients ease their pets "dog depression" or anxiety caused by the return to school.
- With managing your anxious patients, the importance of your staff maintaining a calm and understanding attitude can make all the difference in how treating these patients can go.
- And more!
Do you still need to sign up to join us on August 26-28, 2022, in Kansas City, Missouri for another engaging educational experience? If so, sign up here today to secure your spot!