Sponsored by Hill's Pet Nutrition
Happy Monday dvm360® readers! As we enter the first full week of June, we are excited and honored to continue to share the voices and stories of members within the LGBTQIA+ veterinary community.
Here is what you can find this week on dvm360.com:
- Jennifer Evans shares her experiences coming out in veterinary medicine, plus steps that veterinary clinics can take to ensure their clinic is a safe space.
- Katie Hiske, a dvm360® student ambassador, shares what it was like for her and her classmate to go through veterinary school during the pandemic, and all the things she learned from it.
- On this episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Omar Farías, VMD, president- elect of PrideVMC, joins host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, to talk about representation and inclusion within veterinary medicine.
- The latest installment of UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine’s Case of the Month focuses on how an electrical shock procedure corrects a horses irregular heartbeat, a procedure that was not offered to horses at UC Davis for the last decade.
- A recent report commissioned by the Human Animal Bond Research Institute and made possible by a grant from Banfield Pet Hospital found that pet ownership saves the US health care system $22.7 billion annually.
- And more!