This week on dvm360.com: AVMA attendees volunteered with the Street Dog Coalition, plus more veterinary news
Here is a sneak peek of this week’s headlines
Happy Monday everyone! Did you know that August is Itchy Pet Awareness Month? Throughout the month, be on the lookout for tips and tricks on treating those itchy pets at your practice.
If you prefer to learn in person, our upcoming Fetch dvm360 conference in Kansas City, Missouri, will offer the attendees multiple dermatology lectures. It is not too late to sign up so register here today!
In the meantime, here is what you will be able to find this week on dvm360.com:
- During the AVMA Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, attendees were invited to volunteer with the Street Dog Coalition to provide supplies and free veterinary care to animals in need.
- On this week’s episodes of The Vet Blast Podcast, Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, is joined with Joya Griffin, DVM, to discuss her show on Disney+, Pop Goes the Vet, and later in the week, Laila Proença, DVM, PhD, MV, MSc, DACZM, to discuss treating rabbits at your clinic.
- The FDA has released a statement warning pet owners to not feed their pets certain lots of Darwin’s Natural Pet Products after some of the sample’s tests from these lots were positive for Salmonella.
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition announced it will return as a sponsor for the Clear The Shelters event for the fifth year in a row to help shelter animals find their forever homes.
- Jeff Rothstein, DVM, MBA, takes a closer look at the disparities between pet insurance in Europe and the United States and talks to former leaders in the pet insurance industry to understand the overall lack of demand for pet insurance with pet owners.