The program will cover nutritional management of chronic kidney disease, which will include how chronic kidney disease develops and consequences of kidney disease on the body, clinical symptoms associated with chronickidney disease, the components of a therapeutic renal food, the benefits of a renal food for pets with chronic kidney disease and updates to current kidney disease management recommendations.
- Effects of chronic kidney disease on the body
- Renal disease management
- Updates to current management recommendations
- Components of therapeutic renal food
- Benefits of nutritional management.
- Learners will understand that nutritional management is the standard of care for pets with chronic kidney disease.
- Learners will be able to describe the important components of a therapeutic renal food.
- Learners will comprehend how a specifically formulated renal food can improve the quality and length of life for a pet with chronic renal disease.