© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
PEDIGREE Foundation debuts 2022 grant cycle
The foundation aims to help further its mission of increasing adoption and ending pet homelessness.
PEDIGREE Foundation has opened its 2022 grant cycle, signifying its 15th year of offering US shelters and rescues funding. The foundation's goal is to provide $1 million in grants this year, focusing on supporting transport, foster, behavior, and matching programs to further its mission of helping pets find their forever homes and ending pet homelessness.
According to an organizational release,1 PEDIGREE Foundation has gifted nearly $10 million through 5,800 grants since 2008, collaborating with organizations that support its mission.
"Working in tandem with our partners and ambassadors throughout the country, PEDIGREE Foundation has been able to help so many dogs in need, but we still have more work to do," said Deb Fair, executive director of PEDIGREE Foundation.
"Through our research, we found that 62%2 of shelters and rescues report having more pets than they can adopt out. As we keep working to end pet homelessness, we're thrilled to support organizations that are working to increase dog adoption,” she added, in the release.1
PEDIGREE Foundation's 2022 grants program includes the following1:
Annual grants (Awarded in the fall)
- DOGS RULE grants ($100,000) – These 2-year grants ($50,000 per year) will be gifted to fund innovative, creative initiatives that enhance their own organizations, plus can serve as best-practice models for other shelters and rescues to help increase dog adoption rates.
- Program Development grants ($5,000 – $15,000) – These grants will promote activities that extend the operational abilities of shelters or rescues (ie, the expansion of existing programs or new programs) to improve dog adoption rates.
Disaster relief grants
- These grants are offered year-round to address natural disasters, puppy mill seizures, or hoarding situations.
Applications for the 2022 grant cycle can be filled out online and are being accepted now through May 8, 2022. Every applicant must have a current 501(c)(3) tax designation status with shelters or rescues operating in the US.
- Working to end pet homelessness: PEDIGREE Foundation kicks off 2022 grant cycle. News release. Pedigree Foundation. March 10, 2022. Accessed March 14, 2022. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release/working-to-end-pet-homelessness-pedigree-foundation-kicks-off-2022-grant-cycle-301500247.html
- State of pet homelessness index. End Pet Homelessness. Accessed March 14, 2022. https://endpethomelessness.com/the-index