© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News wrap-up: This week’s headlines, plus honoring Veteran's Day
Check out this week’s headlines
Happy Veteran's Day and the start of the weekend! Here's a reminder that our Fetch conference is coming up soon in San Diego December 2-4, 2022. If you have not already signed up, make sure to do so here!
In the meantime, here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- During a dvm360® interview, San Diego Fetch faculty member, Patrick Mahaney, VMD, CVA, CVJ, provides a brief overview of this therapy and its benefits in veterinary patients.
- On this episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, author and veterinarian, Karen Fine, DVM, discusses her work on narrative medicine and her memoirs. She and Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, share their experiences with providing personalized and individualized care.
- Fear Free, LLC, and ElleVet Sciences announced the two have teamed up to assist veterinary and pet professionals, pet owners, and animal welfare communities with promoting pets' success in managing stressful situations.
- Welcoming our newest member of the dvm360® editorial advisory board, Antonio Bowens, DVM, veterinary neurology consultant for Bowens’ Locum Veterinary Neurology & Neurosurgery Services, described the rewarding aspects of veterinary medicine and the power of the human-animal bond in this dvm360® interview.
- PetSmart announced its donation of $25,000 to K9s For Warriors, the nation's largest provider of trained service dogs for veterans. The funds will go towards K9s For Warriors' goal to end veteran suicide through the loving support of service dogs, many of which are rescues, at no cost to the service members.
- And more!