New mobile app designed for virtual veterinary practice
The Vetster for Veterinarians app is compatible with Android and iOS devices.
A new mobile app by Vetster provides an alternative way for veterinary professionals to treat patients. The Vetster for Veterinarians app, compatible with Android and iOS devices, is an extension of the company’s fast-growing telehealth and pet care marketplace business and complements its’ existing web-app. The new app is available for veterinarians practicing on Vetster through the App Store and Google Play Store.1
“Vetster is building the solutions veterinarians need to practice virtually—on their terms,” said Mark Bordo, CEO, and cofounder, Vetster.com, in an organizational release. “Our new mobile app is one more way we can provide veterinary professionals with a flexible platform to connect with pet parents in between appointments, traveling between clients, or from the comfort of home. With just a few taps on their mobile phone, veterinarians connect with pet parents with great video quality, and easy-to-use scheduling and follow-up features.”
A surge in pet adoption combined with a veterinary workforce shortage expected to continue until at least 2040 has left many veterinarians seeking alternative ways to meet demand, while also improving their work life balance.2 Fulfilling a gap in the market, the new platform affords veterinarians the ability to determine where, when, and how they practice, according to Vetster. Vetster veterinarians use the platform to provide tele triage, address nonurgent cases, and provide follow-up appointments, while offering proactive and preventative health care plans for pet owners.1
According to the company, many veterinary professionals using Vetster are supplementing their incomes and alleviating student debt.1 “Vetster is helping to address both the barrier to access and the overwhelming demand for veterinary care,” said Jo Myers, DVM, a practicing Vetster professional, in the release. “For veterinarians looking to practice virtually, the Vetster platform provides a seamless user experience, with a user-friendly interface, high-quality video and the ability to capture medical records in-app.”
Designed for veterinarians, the app features the following1:
- High quality video calls from an iOS or Android device.
- Improved appointment management that allows users to set their own hours and pause availability to accommodate unexpected schedule changes.
- Direct messaging functionality that allows veterinarians to correspond with clients after appointments to provide any additional support.
- Electronic medical records for patients are captured and stored in-app for convenient referencing by both veterinarians and clients.
- In the US, veterinarians can use VetsterRx powered by PetMeds to prescribe prescription and nonprescription medication that can be delivered directly to the client. In Canada and the UK, veterinarians can use the built-in prescription pad to provide an Rx or OTC recommendation that clients can fill at their local pharmacy.
Veterinarians can join Vetster by visiting its’ website and registering online. Once approved to practice on the Vetster platform, the Vetster for Veterinarians mobile app can be downloaded.1
- Vetster launches mobile app for veterinarians practicing virtually. News release. Vetster. November 17, 2022. Accessed November 23, 2022. https://www.prweb.com/releases/2022/11/prweb19024525.htm
- Hot job! Shortage of veterinarians expected to last for years as pet ownership increases. Financial Post. September 14, 2021. Accessed November 23, 2022. https://financialpost.com/fp-work/hot-job-shortage-of-veterinarians-expected-to-last-for-years-as-pet-ownership-increases