© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Morris Animal Foundation sponsors 13 scientific symposia and conferences
The animal nonprofit will sponsor each of the selected events in 2021 and 2022 to help promote animal well-being across multiple specialties.
The Morris Animal Foundation—one of the largest nonprofits funding animal health studies internationally—is sponsoring funding for 13 separate symposia and conferences around the world and online from July 2021 through April 2022. Each of these events aim to safeguard the well-being and health of cats, dogs, horses, and wildlife.
“An integral part of founder Dr Mark Morris Sr’s vision was to support and foster collaboration and training of scientists and mentoring of students,” says Janet Patterson-Kane BVSc, PhD, FRCVS, Morris Animal Foundation chief scientific officer, in an organizational release.
“Today, we continue in Dr. Morris’ footsteps by supporting opportunities for animal health professionals and students to learn, share and discover new knowledge to advance animal health research globally,” added Patterson-Kane.
The foundation is honored to be supporting each of the following organizations in their united mission of fostering a more collaborative, educational, and inclusive space to enhance the quality of life (QOL) for animals across the globe.
Notable past events:
- Wildlife Disease Association’s Joint Wildlife Disease Association//European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians/ European Association of Avian Veterinarians Mentoring Program on July 1, 2021
- American College of Veterinary Behaviorists’ 2021 Veterinary Behavior Virtual Symposium on August 6, 2021
Notable upcoming events:
- Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) 69th Annual Wildlife Disease Association / 14th Biennial European Wildlife Disease Association Joint Virtual Conference on August 31, 2021
- Wildlife Disease Association’s 69th Annual Wildlife Disease Association / 14th Biennial European Wildlife Disease Association Joint Virtual Conference on August 31, 2021
- American Association of Zoo Veterinarians’ 2021 Joint American Association of Zoo Veterinarians/European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians Conference on October 4, 2021
- The Peregrine Fund’s Lead in Wildlife Symposium on October 9, 2021
- Greater Appalachian Llama & Alpaca Association’s 33rd Annual GALA Educational Conference on Oct. 21-24, 2021
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s Go Blue Awards on October 22, 2021
- Wildlife Center of Virginia’s Call of the Wild Conference on November 19, 2021
- IBREAM (Institute for Breeding Rare and Endangered African Mammals) Stakeholder Meeting for the Ethiopian Wolf on January 16, 2022
- National Marine Mammal Foundation’s Workshop for the Advancement of Pulmonary Ultrasound Techniques in the Bottlenose Dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) on March 7, 2022
- University of Pennsylvania’s Comparative Medicine and Translational Research Symposium: Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy in Cats and Humans on March 9, 2022
- Penn Vet Working Dog Center’s Penn Vet Working Dog Conference on April 22, 2022
Morris Animal Foundation Sponsors 13 Scientific Symposia and ConferencesAugust 20, 2021; Morris Animal Foundation. Accessed August 23, 2021. https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/article/2021-animal-health-conference-sponsorships