dvm360 Magazine Small Animal Veterinarian Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are the direct and intended recipients of sponsor's email survey invitation. Void where prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes is from September 2, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on September, 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period by clicking on the link in the email invitation and follow the instructions provided to complete the survey to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Alternatively, anyone may enter the Sweepstakes by printing the words “dvm360 Magazine Small Animal Veterinarian Sweepstake Entry,” along with his or her name, street address, city, state, zip, and phone number on a 3" by 5" white index card. Mail the card to Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC, 2 Clarke Drive, Cranbury, New Jersey. To be considered eligible, entries must be received no later than September 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. No methods of entry other than the methods specifically described herein will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or unsuccessful attempts to enter. Incomplete entries and/or entries not received by the deadlines will not be eligible. Limit (1) one entry per person, per mailing address, per outer-mailing envelope and per email address. Multiple entries will be void. Entries generated by script, mechanical, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on or about September 13, 2019. Drawing will be conducted by Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC, whose decisions are final. Drawing times are subject to change or cancellation with or without notice. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. For winner's name, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to 2 Clarke Drive, Cranbury, New Jersey 08512. Potential winners will each be notified by email or phone call and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and, unless prohibited, Publicity Release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner does not respond to the initial notification within the time period stated, return all required documents within the time period stated, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion and time permitting, an alternate winner selected. Prize is not transferable.
3. Each of two (2) winners shall receive an Amazon gift card valued at $250. Prize value is $250 each. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. No cash or prize substitutions, except the sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes comparable in value.
4. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use that winner's name, likeness, and photo, and hometown for promotional and publicity purposes in any media now known or later developed, worldwide, at no additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By participating and accepting a prize, winner releases and agrees to hold harmless, Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC, its respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, sponsors and any independent contractors of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or the participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity.
5. This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States of America who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and who are the direct and intended recipients of sponsor's email survey invitation. Void wherever prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who since January 1, 2018 were or are employees or agents of Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC, its respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, sponsors and any independent contractors of any kind of the above organizations; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials or the implementation of the Sweepstakes and (c) employees of the persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the proceeding categories.
7. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC and not to Facebook or Twitter. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc. Instagram is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc..
8. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation affected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in other Sweepstakes-related materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
9. By entering, each Participant agrees for Participant and for Participant's heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC, Facebook, Inc., and Twitter, Inc. and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such Participant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (b) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Middlesex County, New Jersey. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New Jersey and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New Jersey. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
11. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC, 2 Clarke Drive Cranbury, New Jersey 08512.