© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
BizQuiz: Can you spot employee theft?
How familiar are you with veterinary employee theft and strategies for addressing it? Test yourself.
1. Which of the following is considered employee theft?
A. Taking a quick nap during work hours
B. Helping yourself to a few supplies
C. “Borrowing” money from petty cash
2. When employee theft is suspected, the next step should be:
3. If the evidence is indisputable, your options are:
C. Require to employee to help the practice recover the loss
4. When confronting the employee, be sure the following people are present:
B. A third party, or an attorney or police officer
D. The employee's friends and family
5. When an employee is terminated due to employee theft, how should this situation be shared with the office?
A. Provide copies of the police report to all employees
B. Never speak of the incident again
C. Share a sanitized version of events-take the high road and do not demean the offender
D. Ask employees what they think happened
6. Yes, the situation is a nightmare, but is it possible that it can put my practice in a better position?