8 methods to market dental care
Start with these and see if your own creative juices start flowing with love for pet oral health.
1. Host an open house. You could offer free dental exams, free dental report cards, and discounts to kick start your program. Offer cake-and-coffee tours of your practice, and invite pharmaceutical and food companies to exhibit and distribute free samples.
2. Offer to contribute to an article in the local newspaper about Pet Dental Health month or the benefits of dental care.
3. Give lectures at breed clubs, schools, and churches in your community.
4. Offer tooth-brushing services. Some clients will bring their pets to the practice to have their teeth brushed so they don’t have to struggle with it at home.
5. Remind clients that dental care is a comfort issue for pets. They’ll be amazed by the boost in their pet’s attitude and energy level after a cleaning.
6. Present before-and-after photos for all dental patients.
7. Create photo albums or displays for your waiting room that feature dental success photos.
8. Offer free toothbrush kits with dental cleanings.
Portia A. Stewart is a freelance writer and former Firstline editor in Lenexa, Kan.