Veterinary students: dvm360 is looking for you
We welcome you to apply for our new veterinary student ambassador program. One student will be selected from each AVMA-accredited school.
dvm360 is looking for veterinary students to become a part of our new student ambassador program. Led by 2020 graduates Trusten Moore, DVM, and Danny Sack, DVM, this exciting program was created to amplify student voices within the profession and build networking opportunities.
"I wish a program like this was available when I was a student," says Dr. Moore. "With so many veterinary professionals represented on the web today, I think this is a great opportunity to foster mentorship, help students build professional relationships, and learn the importance using media and social media within the veterinary profession!"
Dr. Sack agrees, adding that he's excited "to help form a network of inspired, interactive veterinary students from around the world and share the perspectives of the new veterinary generation."
About the program
One student ambassador will be selected by Drs. Sack and Moore from each AVMA-accredited veterinary school following an application process. Student representatives will be required to:
- Follow dvm360 on social media and share relevant content with other veterinary students.
- Spread awareness about dvm360 and the dvm360 conferences (Fetch and Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference) to increase student attendance.
- Participate in one video interview or write one article (600-1000 words) per year on a topic relevant to veterinary students and/or working veterinary professionals. This video or article will be posted on dvm360.com and may also appear in print.
- Attend a bi-annual virtual ambassador meeting with Drs. Moore and Sack.
Why you should apply
Still not convinced? Here are a few key benefits for our student ambassadors:
- Your article or video featured on dvm360 (online and/or print)
- Exposure on our social media platforms
- Complementary admission to a dvm360 conference of your choice (travel and loding not provided)
- Access to industry thought leaders
"The goal of the dvm360 vet student ambassador program is to continue to create and enhance communication between veterinary students and the profession. We are honored to welcome students to celebrate their creativity. dvm360 is a home for everyone and we are here to harness and showcase their talents on our wide variety of multimedia platforms," says dvm360's Chief Veterinary Officer Adam Christman, DVM, MBA.
Click here to apply now.