Goodbye April and hello May! Did you know May is Mental Health Awareness Month? Take some time this month to focus on yourself and your mental wellbeing whenever you get a chance.
Here is what you can find on dvm360.com this week:
- The second episode of dvm360 Live!™ airs this Wednesday! Check out Dr Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, and Erik Zager, DVM, DACVECC, as they discuss emergency medicine and bake Madeline cookies!
- Our 100th episode of The Vet Blast Podcast airs this week! Check out Cynthia Otto, DVM, PhD, DACVECC, DACVSMR, from the PennVet Working Dog Center she explains how dogs can be used for medical detection.
- Gulf Breeze Zoo in Florida announced the birth of a male orangutan named Satu, who was born earlier this year.
- New research conducted by the Royal Veterinary College’s Vet Compass program will help predict the remaining life expectancies of dogs that are different ages as well identify which breads have the greatest and lowest life expectancies of the breeds that participated in the study.
- Toxic work environments can have an everlasting effect on practices, but what about its impact on the mental health of team members? Bridget Rollins, EMBA, vice president of operations at Thrive Pet Healthcare, explained the effects toxic work environments have on employee’s mental health in this interview with dvm360®.
- And much more!
Stay tuned on at dvm360.com for our most recent coverage of the veterinary industry.