This week on dvm360: Nationwide announces winner of the 2021 Hambone Award, plus more veterinary news
A sneak peek of this week's headlines.
This week is National Human-Animal Relationship Awareness Week (HARA), established in 2016 by the Animals & Society Institute to amplify the awareness surrounding the importance of human-animal relationships. This week strives to improve and expand the knowledge about a variety of human-animal relationships in order to cultivate safer and more compassionate communities for both humans and animals to thrive in.1 To mark the occasion, we're delivering a robust mix of veterinary insights and news directly to your fingertips.
Here's a look at what to expect this week on dvm360:
- Nationwide has deemed Bruins, a 3-year-old German Shepard, the winner of the 2021 Hambone Award.
- TheraVet announces positive safety and efficacy of BIOCERA-VET in canine osteosarcoma.
- In a video interview, Philippa Pavia, VMD, DACVS-SA, offers insight on performing orthopedic exams for individuals fresh out of veterinary school.
- Eight big cats at the St. Louis Zoo test positive for COVID-19 supposedly after partial immunization against the virus.
- Caitlin DeWilde, DVM, shares which social media platforms are essential for success in the veterinary realm.
- And much more!
Tune back in here throughout the week for more coverage of the veterinary industry.
Human-animal relationship awareness week. Animalsandsociety.org. Accessed November 15, 2021. https://www.animalsandsociety.org/human-animal-relationship-awareness-week/