Good afternoon and happy Monday dvm360 readers. Over the weekend, dvm360 was informed that a beloved editorial advisory board member and Fetch faculty member, Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, DABVP (feline practice), has passed away. At this time, we are extending our condolences to Dr Colleran's family and friends. She will be missed by everyone here at dvm360.com.
Here is the news that you can find on dvm360.com this week:
- The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine announced the launch of its open-heart surgery program for canines, making it the only of its kind in the United States.
- Loop 410 Veterinary Hospital shared that in June 2023, it relocated to a new state-of-the-art facility that is over 8,000 square feet with a modern design as well as cutting-edge amenities.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Laila Proença, DVM, PhD, MV, MSc, DACZM, CEO and founder of VetAhead, gives tips on how veterinary teams can perform successful avian exams ahead of her upcoming keynote address at Fetch Long Beach.
- Veterinary professionals who work within oncology or reproductive-related services should be aware of the upcoming important updates after the acceptance of chapters 795 and 797 on November 1, 2023, and how they will affect compounding drugs for sterile and nonsterile preparations.
- Jillian LaCroix-Martin, a student at the University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine, was able to experience a rare opportunity interning at the world’s largest chimpanzee sanctuary, Chimp Haven.
- And more!