© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
The dvm360 toolkit: Honing in on heartworm disease
Matters of the heart can get tricky. That’s why we’ve developed a host of tools to help you get a handle on heartworm disease in dogs and cats. (With an educational grant provided by Bayer)
Heartworm disease does not discriminate. Cats are equally at risk as dogs for this disease, but may be overlooked by veterinary professionals and pet owners alike. Your veterinary hospital may see many canine patients for yearly heartworm disease testing, but do you see just as many cats?
This toolkit focuses on heartworm treatment, testing and prevention, and provides you with the tools you need to have an educational conversation with your clients about this potentially deadly disease. Open up the discussion, and help keep all your patients protected.
Click the image above to download the complete toolkit.
- Guide pet owners down the right path when you get a handle on heartworm disease
- Hear from the front lines about the promise of heartworm prevention (an expert Q&A)
Testing and treatment tactics
- Regular testing is a must: Here’s how to do it right
- Cats need testing, too! Start embracing routine testing for heartworm in cats
- Tactics for tackling heartworm disease: What you don’t know about heartworm treatment
- As we get into warmer weather, watch out for heartworm hotspots: When pet travel is the trouble
- Keeping an eye on heartworm disease is CAPC's role in heartworm prevalence tracking and guidance
- Keep parasite preventive sales in your practice by nailing the parasite prevention conversation with clients
- Client handout: Why yearly heartworm testing is a must
- Client handout: 4 Reasons why your dog needs a heartworm test