Happy beginning of Labor Day weekend! Can you believe we are already out of August? Classes are beginning again for students and the weather will be cooling down soon. While you plan your (hopefully fun) weekend, we remain providing you with the most noteworthy and latest news in veterinary medicine.
Here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- During an interview at our recent Fetch dvm360 conference in Kansas City, Missouri, Jan Bellows, DVM, DAVDC, DABVP, FAVD, shared some highlights from his lecture “40+ Dental Hacks”, including intraoral photography and a go-to product to stop bleeding.
- Are you utilizing your technicians to the best of their abilities? In this recent episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, April Bays, CVT, VTS (ECC) shared with listeners how veterinary technicians can be better utilized in veterinary clinics.
- Michelle Drake, DVM, shares best practices for team management and hiring practices to help detox your practice of toxic team members, plus how to avoid hiring them in the first place.
- At the recent Fetch dvm360® conference in Kansas City, we honored our Hospital Design contest winners, The Veterinary Emergency & Referral Center (VERC) by Ethos Vet Health in Honolulu, Hawaii, and Cole Veterinary Hospital at Harmony in Spring, Texas, at a celebratory luncheon and panel discussion.
- Not One Move Vet announced it will host its third annual Race Around the World to help raise funds and awareness to help support the well-being of veterinary professionals throughout September.
- And more!