© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News wrap-up: This week’s headlines, plus dvm360® Live! kicks off season 2
Check out this week’s headlines
Happy Saturday dvm360® readers. We want to wish all the mothers (whether you have children with feet or paws) a Happy Mother’s Day weekend! We hope you have time to relax and spend time with family and friends. Our Directions in Veterinary Medicine (DIVM) symposium in Miami, Florida is also only a week away, kicking off next Friday.
While you prepare to celebrate Mother’s Day, here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- dvm360 Live! season 2 officially launched this week! Ashley Bourgeois, DVM, DACVD, joins this week’s episode as she shares what it is like to balance being a mother and a veterinarian. Plus, she tests host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, on his knowledge of parenting tools.
- With commercial and home-prepared raw meat-based diets gaining popularity among pet owners within the last couple of years, how safe are they really? Caitlee Callahan is a 2023 PharmD candidate at the University of Connecticut explores research on the necessary precautions.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Tabitha Kucera, RVT, KPA-CTP, CCBC, VTS (Behavior) and host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, discuss what veterinary teams can do to be more in tune with patients behavior, plus why understanding behavior it is important.
- The American Animal Hospital Association announced it launched its 2023 AAHA Selected Endocrinopathies of Dogs and Cats Guidelines. This free resource will help veterinary professionals diagnose and manage endocrine patients.
- The Veterinary Hospital Managers Association launched its new toolkit to fight practice operation issues such as workforce issues, client services, and health care outcomes for animals.
- During an interview with dvm360, Tasha McNerney, BS, CVT, CVPP, VTA (Anesthesia and Analgesia), explained therapies that work effectively with opioids in preparation for her upcoming lecture at the DIVM symposium in Miami, Florida next week.
- And more!