Happy Friday dvm360.com readers! We are ecstatic to announce our winners of the third annual Veterinary Heroes® program! These 15 winners have been selected by their peers for their hard work, dedication, and what they represent in veterinary medicine. Be sure to congratulate our 2023 Veterinary Heroes if you see them at our upcoming Fetch conference in Kansas City, Missouri.
Check out what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- Our 2023 Veterinary Heroes® were announced this week! The winners will be honored in conjunction with a Fetch dvm360® conference in Kansas City, Missouri. Check out all of our winners here.
- The FDA announced this week the transition of guidance for industry (GFI) #263 from over-the-counter to prescription status. All affected animal drug sponsors opted to either voluntarily change the approved marketing status of its medically important antimicrobial drugs for animals or withdraw approval.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, sat down with Michael Azzarello MBA, BS, LVT, CVT, the president of the New Jersey Veterinary Technicians and Assistance (NJVTA) to discuss his hopes for NJVTA’s future.
- On the latest installment of Pet Poison Helpline’s Toxin Tails, Thunder, the dog of Amy Chaplin from Manhattan, Kansas, caught his owner by surprise when he caught the large chlorine tablet that his owner threw into their swimming pool.
- Now that the FDA has conditionally approved the first-ever insect vaccination for the prevention of American foulbrood, Britteny Kyle, DVM, MSc, explained what this means for sick colonies.
- And more!