Happy Friday dvm360.com readers! As the wildfires in Canada continue to wreak havoc on the East Coast, we hope all our readers, their loved ones, and pets in the affected areas are staying safe and healthy.
Here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- With smoke from active wildfires compromising air quality across North America, many pet owners want to know how to keep themselves and their pets safe. To help, the AVMA shared these tips.
- On this special Pride episode of dvm360 Live!™, host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, sat down with a panel of LGBTQIA+ community members within veterinary medicine to discuss harassment in the workplace
- A dvm360® student ambassador Katie Hiske reflects on what is was like to go through veterinary school during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Christman sat down with Omar Farías, VMD, president-elect of PrideVMC, to explain what it means for him to be gay in the veterinary profession, and how being inclusive benefits everyone.
- Now that we have officially kicked off National Pet Preparedness Month, a PetSmart Charites survey discovered that most pet owners are prepared to leave their homes with their pets in case of an immediate disaster.