Happy Friday dvm360® readers! As June comes to a close, we wanted to thank all those who have participated in and supported our LGBTQ+ efforts this month. Although June is ending, supporting members of this community is a year-round effort.
As we close out June 2023, here is what you could find this week on dvm360.com:
- Clemson University’s announced its Board of Trustees gave official approval for the development of a new College of Veterinary Medicine, making it the first in South Carolina.
- In an interview with Darcy Adin, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology), she explains what the renin‐angiotensin‐aldosterone system (RAAS) is and how certain biological elements can influence the metabolites and enzymes of an animal.
- A study conducted by North Carolina State University found senior dogs that are slowing down physically could also be declining in their neurological function as they continue to age, resulting in dementia.
- On this week’s episode of the Vet Blast Podcast, Kristopher Brand, DVM, DACVR, joined host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, to discuss teleradiology and what the future of it holds for veterinary medicine.
- The American Animal Hospital Association released its 2023 AAHA Mentoring Guidelines to empower veterinary professionals to create and foster beneficial relationships with one another.
- And more!