Happy Friday dvm360 readers! As we are moving closer and closer to the Thanksgiving holiday, that means that Fetch Long Beach is right around the corner. Be sure to join us for the first-ever Fetch Long Beach December 1-3 to hear from our incredible faculty and network with fellow veterinary professionals. This is one you do NOT want to miss so learn more and register here today!
As we prepare for Fetch Long Beach, here is what news came out in the veterinary world this week:
- The Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine announced the winners of its 2023 alumni awards during the school's homecoming celebrations. Among the winners is dvm360’s chief veterinary officer, Adam Christman, DVM, MBA.
- During coverage of our recent Fetch Coastal conference, Joan Capuzzi, VMD, shared more on the recent upgrades for diabetic cats with insulin resistance, and more on the new drug Bexacat.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Lisa Radosta, DVM, DAVB, shared how veterinary teams can effectively talk about separation anxiety with clients, and how to even rule it out.
- Katie Campbell, director of collaboration and outreach for RedRover, shared more about RedRover’s campaign to make 25% of domestic violence shelters in the United States pet-friendly by 2025.
- In recognition of Pet Diabetes Awareness Month, dvm360 recently sat down for an interview with Jessica Pritchard, VMD, MS, DACVIM (SAIM), clinical assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin–Madison to get an overview of diabetes in pets, and what symptoms to look out for.
- And more!