Jaguar Health to debut Take C.H.A.R.G.E. with canine cancer awareness event
In light of the first National Canine Cancer Awareness Day, this initiative will launch in NYC and feature well-known veterinary cancer specialist speakers, plus Broadway performers
Jaguar Health, Inc. will host an in-person, outdoor special media event and performance in New York City at Madison Square Park on Monday, May 23rd, 2022, from 12:30 to 2:30 pm EST. This event honors the debut of the Jaguar Health Canine Cancer: Take C.H.A.R.G.E. (Canine Health And ReGistry Exchange) initiative.
According to a company release,1 this marks the first-ever US Canine Cancer Registry and Cancer Care index as safeguarding dogs from cancer starts with understanding its effect on breed, type, age, gender, and location. The index is for dog owners, veterinarians, veterinary oncology specialists, and others interested in addressing and helping to manage canine cancer.
"This first-ever U.S. Canine Cancer Registry and Cancer Care Index is being created to assess the prevalence and incidence of cancer in dogs. We will be revealing data at the event from the first nationwide Gallup survey of pet owners addressing their experience with canine cancer, as well as the registry itself that is based on the analysis of thousands of anonymized canine medical records,” expressed Lisa Conte, Jaguar Health's founder, president, and CEO.1
“The data may also provide insights to help better understand cancer in humans as well,” she added.
What’s more, attendees will receive swag for themselves and dogs on a first-come, first-serve basis. The event will highlight presentations by renowned veterinary cancer specialists and performances by Broadway icons.
Among those scheduled to present include:
- Jaguar Health founder, president, and CEO Lisa Conte
- Take C.H.A.R.G.E. scientific advisory board co-chair Theresa (Terry) W. Fossum, DVM, MS, PhD, Diplomate ACVS
- Take C.H.A.R.G.E. scientific advisory board member Susan Ettinger, "Dr. Sue Cancer Vet," DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- TogoRun president, CEO & owner Glo Janata, JD
- Ivee (Intelligent Veterinary Enhanced Experience) CEO and founder Chelsea Rhoads
- Gallup director for eastern region Bill Reid
Among those scheduled to perform include (with artists subject to change):
- Actor and playwright Chazz Palminteri
- Actor and producer Gianna Palminteri
- Actor, director, and producer Richard H. Blake
- Actress Jenn Colella
- Broadway actor and singer Bobby Conte
- Actor and singer Andy Karl
Take C.H.A.R.G.E. is co-sponsored by TogoRun and Ivee.
Media advisory: Jaguar Health canine cancer: Take C.H.A.R.G.E. launch event in NYC on Monday, May 23rd! News release. Jaguar Health, Inc. May 17, 2022. Accessed May 20, 2022. https://jaguarhealth.gcs-web.com/news-releases/news-release-details/media-advisory-jaguar-health-canine-cancer-take-charge-launch