© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Healthy eats: 25-minute blue corn chip frittata recipe
Start your day off right with a healthy meal that feeds a veterinarian or two-or three.
Start your next day off right with a healthy meal that feeds two to three, courtesy of Dr. Ward. Also, log on to dvm360.com/frittata to see Dr. Ward make it with two special helpers: his daughters.
What you need:
> Organic blue corn chips (approximately 14-16, just enough to cover the bottom on an oven-safe 8-inch omelet pan)
> ½ cup egg whites from 4 free-range organic eggs
> ⅓ cup organic plain lowfat yogurt
> 1 cup diced spinach
> Diced or sliced grape tomatoes
> Diced red and yellow peppers
> Freshly chopped parsley, cilantro or other herbs
> Sea salt
> Organic black pepper
Now start cooking:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly oil pan.
3. Cover the bottom of the pan with chips.
4. Add spinach, tomatoes, and peppers.
5. Whisk egg whites, yogurt, and herbs all together in a bowl.
6. Pour the eggs over the chips and vegetables.
7. Place your pan in oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve with a green salad—and enjoy!