Tips and Resources
The AVMA’s letter to its membership outlines tips for providing care to patients during this pandemic, as well as business resources for veterinary practices.
Caring for your patients
- Animals that are sick or injured should receive veterinary attention.
- Consider rescheduling or limiting services such as wellness exams, dental services and elective procedures.
- If you're in an area with active COVID-19 cases, consider limiting in-person exams to acutely ill animals and/or emergencies.
- Telemedicine can be an important tool to protect and monitor patients while preventing spread of COVID-19.
Caring for your business
- The coronavirus response business toolkit provides sharable graphics intended for social media, websites and other channels.
- Disaster assistance from the Small Business Association offers information about loans available to businesses affected by the pandemic.
- The disaster help desk for small businesses from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation contains links to resources on business resilience and disaster recovery.