© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
3 Must-sees on veterinary diabetes
3 videos featuring insights for treating diabetic patients.
Diabetes impacts about 1 in 300 adult dogs and 1 in 230 cats in the US.1,2 Thus, we have provided 3 videos featuring the latest tips and tricks for better understanding, diagnosing, and treating this chronic condition in companion animals.
From discovering the appropriate insulin for your feline patients to the nuts and bolts of glucose monitoring—there's something for everyone. Happy watching!
- The connection between the endocrine pancreas and diabetes: Melissa Evans, LVT, CVT, VTS (EEC), explained the endocrine pancreas' function and its relation to veterinary diabetes.
- What is the best insulin for diabetic cats?: Discover the insulin options available for felines and their effectiveness in lowering blood-glucose levels.
- The pros and cons of continuous glucose monitors: Claire Fellman, PhD, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM), DACVCP, shared the benefits of continuous glucose monitors for long-term diabetes management, plus the potential drawbacks.
- McCann TM, Simpson KE, Shaw DJ, Butt JA, Gunn-Moore DA. Feline diabetes mellitus in the UK: the prevalence within an insured cat popula- tion and a questionnaire-based putative risk factor analysis. J Feline Med Surg 9:289-299, 2007. doi:10.1016/j.jfms.2007.02.001
- Catchpole B, Ristic JM, Fleeman LM, Davison LJ. Canine diabetes mellitus; can old dogs teach us new tricks? Diabetologia. 2005;48(10):1948-1956, 2005. doi:10.1007/s00125-005-1921-1