VMX 2020—And the feather goes to…
This year’s Feather in Her Cap Award honored a veterinary industry icon who has made it a priority to mentor other women in the profession.
The third annual Feather in Her Cap Award was presented this week to Elizabeth Green, founder of Brief Media, during a ceremony in Orlando, Fla., in conjunction with the Veterinary Meeting & Expo (VMX).
Established in 2017, the award honors a woman in the animal health industry who has “made outstanding contributions in animal health through scientific, industrial or commercial excellence and by demonstrating commitment to mentoring women,” according to a press release from the organization.
In addition to founding Brief Media, which created Clinician’s Brief and developed the digital version of Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, Green initiated a joint venture to provide regional veterinary conferences in New York, Chicago, Reno and Austin. According to the release, Green “is committed to mentoring women within her company and has been active in mentoring local young high school women preparing to embark in this world and build their empire. She is gracious with her time, mentoring and investing in all of her employees.”
Greene received a gold feather brooch and a feathered hat as part of the award.
Other nominees included 12 accomplished women from diverse areas of the profession:
- Sara Barstow, vice president, strategic partnerships and initiatives, Vetsource
- Kristin Bloink, PA-C, MPH,DVM, DACVPM, vice president, global research and external innovation, Elanco Animal Health
- Colleen Dekker, director, global corporate communications, Elanco Animal Health
- Sue DeNise, PhD, executive director, animal genetics, global research and development, Zoetis
- Julia Loew, vice president of global companion animal marketing, Elanco Animal Health
- Mary McDonald, owner of Shibboleth Associates, LLC, and previously with Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
- Stephanie Morley, DVM, president and chief operations officer, Zomedica
- Linnea Newman, DVM, global poultry technical director, Merck Animal Health
- Joanna Rossi, PhD, MS, formulation development manager, Vetio Animal Health
- Christine Royal, DVM, associate director, professional services, U.S. Companion Animal Team, Merck Animal Health
- Susan Sholtis, president, PetIQ
- Nancy Zimmerman, director, business development, Dechra Veterinary Products