You should always read the fine print.
Here are some of the important features of the contract Dr. Karl Salzsieder uses at his practice for wellness plan participation. Note: Be sure to have your own attorney review any wellness plan contract you create for your veterinary practice.
1. The plan covers all services listed and only those services. It doesn't cover:
> Any services provided by outside veterinarians.
> Any fees for services recommended as a result of illness or accidental injury.
2. The plans aren't transferable and apply only to the patient identified at the time of enrollment for as long as it's owned by the same owner. Services are good only at this hospital.
3. If the subscriber cancels before any services are rendered, the entire amount paid for the current year will be refunded, minus the sign-up fee.
4. If the subscriber cancels after any services are rendered, the provider retains the entire amount of the sign-up fee and all monthly payments.
5. If the subscriber cancels after any services are rendered, the subscriber will be liable to the provider for remaining installments for the year or the full amount of the standard price of services already rendered—whichever is less.
6. There are no refunds from any prior year.
7. The subscriber can pay the veterinary practice monthly or in full. If paying in full, the subscriber will receive a 10 percent discount.
8. If a patient dies or the subscriber moves, the subscriber will pay the balance of payments or the standard price for services rendered—whichever is less.
9. Multi-pet families must have similar pets identified with microchips or with tattoos, unless all similar pets are covered under wellness plans.
10. The contract will be automatically renewed unless canceled by either party with 30 days' notice. No sign-up fee will be charged with renewal.
11. The provider reserves the right to adjust monthly fees on any enrollment anniversary date and to cease to provide the plans at any time.
12. Unlimited office calls apply to regular office hours only. All services will be rendered during scheduled drop-off appointments, when the patient is left by the subscriber at the hospital for at least four hours. Holidays and weekends are not available for drop-off appointments.
13. Payments will be auto-deducted from most bank accounts. An overdraft and reprocessing fee of $25 will be charged for any rejected charges.
14. The subscriber is responsible for notifying the provider if there's a change in the account.
15. If the subscriber fails to pay any installment within 30 days of the due date, the provider may:
> Immediately terminate the agreement.
> Declare all fees and remaining monthly payments due to year end immediately due and payable.
16. If the subscriber restarts a wellness program after termination, he or she must re-apply and pay the membership sign-up fee.