Veterinarians use endoscopy on dog that eats homework


Procedure reduces costs, recovery time, client says.

A dog in Spring, Texas, is recovering and a homework project has been recompleted after a 5-year-old mixed-breed dog named Roscoe ate a Magnolia West High School student's homework.

Reagan Hardin, a sophomore at Magnolia West High School, had been working on her Advanced Placement history class homework project, which involved building a model of a Middle Ages farm manor. The project included plastic farm animals, grass, wood, metal wire fencing and model structures.

When Reagan's owner, Kristen Barker, went upstairs to where Reagan had been working on the project, she realized something was wrong. She found the project torn into pieces and many of the objects were missing.

An emergency veterinarian confirmed his stomach was full of different pieces of the project. Roscoe was referred to internal medicine specialists at North Houston Veterinary Specialists.

Doctors were able to use an endoscope to extract the pieces one by one until Roscoe's stomach was empty of the dangerous objects.

“Endoscopy saved Roscoe's life,” said Barker. “If he would have had surgery instead, the cost would have tripled, and he would have had several weeks of recovery with potential complications.”

Related Videos
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.