© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Top 5 Articles for May 2018
Did you miss any important news last month? Check out our top 5 most popular articles from May.
5. FDA Approves First Drug for Systemic Hypertension in Cats
The US Food and Drug Administration announced approval of Semintra—the first FDA-approved drug to control systemic hypertension in cats.
4. FDA Approves Transdermal Feline Appetite Stimulant
Mirataz, a transdermal ointment for the management of weight loss in cats, has recently been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Veterinary Medicine.
3. Cancer Immunotherapy Developed for Humans Will Be Used to Treat Dogs
Neurosurgeons from the University of Alabama at Birmingham are partnering with veterinary universities to conduct the first immunotherapy study for brain tumors in dogs using an oncolytic herpes simplex virus.
2. Tramadol: Limited Benefit for OA Pain
Recent study findings show that this popular pain reliever offers no improvement over placebo treatment for elbow and stifle joint pain.
1. The Use of Fecal Transplantation to Treat Canine Parvovirus Infection
In a recent study, incorporating fecal transplantation with standard supportive care decreased mortality rate and hospitalization time for dogs with parvovirus.