Good morning and happy Monday dvm360® readers! Our hearts go out to all the veterinary professionals, their families, patients, clients, and other loved ones in Hawaii during this time of crisis. We will continue to keep those affected by the wildfires in our thoughts and hope that they have the support necessary to remain safe and sound in this time of need.
- The 200th episode of The Vet Blast Podcast is here! Check out Ryane E. Englar, DVM, DABVP (Canine and Feline Practice), a 2023 Veterinary Hero recipient, and Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, discussing the importance of the spectrum of care.
- Purina announced it will donate $25,000 to Greater Good Charites to help support the company’s crisis response efforts to provide both immediate and long-term recovery to the people and animals affected by the wildfires.
- Boehringer Ingelheim has received approval for SENVELGO® (velagliflozin oral solution) making it the first oral liquid medication to improve glycemic control for cats with diabetes mellitus.
- A new episode of dvm360 Live! airs this week. Join host Dr Christman and Richard Goldstein, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM), DECVIM-CA, as they discuss how to inspire a new generation of veterinarians, plus why shadowing makes all the difference.
- Nationwide announced its new customizable plans that are now available for pet parents. The new modular design allows pet parents to dial up or down on the coverage type that is most important to them and their pet.
- Jennifer Graham, DVM, DABVP (Avian/Exotic Companion Mammal), DACZM, shares the story of Daphne the rabbit to help veterinary professionals better understand the clinical pathology of exotic companion mammals.
- And more!
We are officially one week away from our upcoming Fetch Kansas City Conference in Kansas City, Missouri August 25-27. Join us as we spend the weekend learning from top industry leaders, honoring our Veterinary Hero award recipients, and partaking in other fun events along the way. To learn more and to secure your spot, check out the Fetch Kansas City website.