© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
This week on dvm360.com: UC Davis receives $10 million grant from CDC, plus other veterinary news
Here is a sneak peek at this week’s headlines
Good morning dvm360 readers! We are a little less than a month away from our Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference (ACVC) in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Are you registered yet? If not, there is still time! You can register here today to attend 3 days packed full of learning and fun. This is not a conference you want to miss, so be sure to save your spot today.
While the countdown to ACVC continues, here is what you can expect to see this week on dvm360.com:
- This week on The Vet Blast Podcast, Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, sits down with Renee Schmid, DVM, DABVT, DABT, to discuss the top 5 poisons pets face. Then, Jess Trischel, DVM, takes Christman into the world of practice ownership.
- Heska Corporation announced it has entered a definitive plan to acquire 100% of LightDeck Diagnostics, a planar wavelength guide fluorescence immunoassay diagnostics with manufacturing and specialized production capabilities.
- Fetch by the Dodo announced the launch of Fetch Forward, a first-of- its-kind predictive health platform that allows dog owners to receive personalized, newly uncovered health insights.
- Antech Diagnostics announced that it will expand its molecular diagnostic offerings to help support early detection and personalized care pathways for canines with cancer, including Vidium Animal Health’s SearchLight DNA and OncoK9 from PetDX.
- The University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine announced its Pacific Southwest Center of Excellence has been awarded a new 5-year, $10 million grant from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help the center continue its work, with 6 other universities in research, training, and outreach on vectors.
- And more!