Happy Monday dvm360 readers! In case you missed the news last week, dvm360 is now accepting nominations for our 2024 Veterinary Hero Awards. Each year, we ask the veterinary community to honor a coworker, or themselves, who has improved the veterinary industry in categories ranging from dentistry to a practice manager in veterinary medicine. Learn more about the program and where to honor your veterinary hero here.
After you nominate your hero, here is what you will be able to read about this week on dvm360.com:
- Veterinary Emergency Group announced it has introduced the VEG Scribe position as a way to help veterinarians reduce time spent in documentation which in return can help veterinary professionals have a better work/life balance.
- Our January cover story will be available online this week! Written by Laurie Hess, DVM, DABVP (Avian Practice), and Michael Huffaker, DVM, assess the risks of avian influenza, including the current state of the disease outbreak and how veterinary professionals can keep patients, staff, and clients safe.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Margo Roman DVM, CVA, COT, CPT, sits down with host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, to help veterinary professionals get a better understanding of the microbiome.
- Thrive Pet Healthcare recently introduced Meant to Thrive, a 1-year Doctor Mentorship program that will include personalized support from a dedicated Regional Doctor Mentor.
- The American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) shared the news that Andrew T. Maccabe, DVM, will be stepping down as chief executive officer after spending 12 years in the position.
- Royal Canine disclosed the results of a survey it conducted in partnership with the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) in the white paper Getting Cats Back to Your Practice with the AAFP Cat Friendly Certificate Program. The data for the study was collected from 822 individuals who finished the AAFP Cat Friendly Certificate through the Royal Canine-sponsored access.
- And more!