Good morning dvm360 readers! We hope everyone had a great weekend and are looking forward to another week. Did you know that our first Fetch conference of the year is a little over a month away? Join us in Charlotte, North Carolina from March 15-17, 2024, for the chance to earn over 15 hours of continuing education credit from our incredible faculty. This first conference is not one to miss to secure your spot here today!
- Because of a shortage of Folltropin, the FDA announced that it will help improve the availably of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) by allowing the importation of Plusvet, a drug authorized for marketing in Spain.
- Elanco announced that it has entered an agreement to sell its aqua business to Merck Animal Health for $1.3 billion in cash, representing 7.4x the estimated 2023 revenue for Elanco’s aqua business.
- “Critter Fixers: Country Vets”, a reality show on Nat Geo showcasing the daily work of Vernard Hodges, DVM, and Terrence Ferguson, DVM, was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Reality Program, Reality Competition or Game Show (Series). The winning show will be announced on BET and CBS at the 55th NAACP Image Awards on March 16, 2024.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, host Adam Chrisman, DVM, MBA, and Wendy Myers, CVJ, go into depth about how veterinary clinics can charge for technician appointments.
- This week over 140 veterinary professionals will meet with representatives, senators, and staff members to talk about the importance of legislation that will create more availability of veterinary services in rural areas and protect against the spread of disease as part of The American Veterinary Medical Association’s annual legislative fly in.
- And more!
Can’t join us in Charlotte? That is okay, we have 4 other Fetch conferences you can attend! From coast to coast, there is a conference this year for you. You can check out all of our upcoming conferences here.