Happy Monday dvm360 readers! We hope all our veterinary professionals that attended our Directions in Veterinary Medicine (DIVM) symposium in Nashville, Tennessee had a good time and learned something new to put into practice! We wanted to extend a special shout out to our amazing speakers for all their hard work and dedication to educating veterinary professionals on the importance of nutrition and oncology. Be sure to check in throughout the week as we continue to cover the symposium!
Besides our DIVM Nashville coverage, here is what was hot this week on dvm360.com:
- The FDA announced that it released its Animal Veterinary Innovation Agenda to help modernize its approach to evaluating and supporting development of animal and veterinary products to increase regulatory efficiency, flexibility, and predictability to bring efficient and safe products into the market.
- Nationwide Pet Insurance shared the finalists of its 2023 Hambone Award, an award hat is presented to a pet who filed a claim that was considered unique or surprises to demonstrate the types of situations pets can get into and the role insurance played in helping them out.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Stephen Birchard, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVC, gives listeners and host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, an overview of how to manage open wounds in both dogs and cats.
- A study conducted by veterinary professionals that was published in the journal of Veterinary Surgery took a deep dive into whether gender plays a role in a veterinary professional’s ability to go directly from a rotating internship to a residency.
- Craig Clifford, MS, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology), shared with attendees how to diagnose, stage, and then treat osteosarcoma with a focus on liquid biopsy and treatment options for metastatic diseases during his lecture at DIVM Nashville.
- And more!
We are officially heading down to Atlantic City, New Jersey in less than a month today! We are excited to share with you our incredible lectures given by our amazing faculty, including 4 keynote addresses. Sign up today to make sure you are not missing out!