Good morning dvm360® readers! Today, we honor all of those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. We also want to take a second to honor the search and rescue dogs who worked on the sites of the attacks as well as the service dogs who provide support to those impacted by 9/11 to this day.
Here is what you can find this week on dvm360.com:
- The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine announced it will launch a new Fellowship Program which will create a transformative initiative designed to help advance expertise and encourage collaboration within the veterinary internal medicine.
- During a Q&A style interview with Brandy Duhon, DVM, she shares what her journey into veterinary medicine was like, advice she has for veterinary students, and what attendees can expect to take away from her upcoming keynote address at the upcoming Fetch Coastal conference.
- Elanco Animal Health Inc announced that it has launched a molidustat oral suspension (Varenzin-CA1), a first-of-its-kind oral treatment for anemia in cats suffering from chronic kidney disease.
- On this week’s episode of the Vet Blast Podcast, host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, sat down with Brooke Moore, VMD, and Peter Weinstein, DVM, MBA, to discuss fleas, ticks, and intestinal parasites, plus how to ward them off of your patients.
- The Association for Pet Obesity Prevention disclosed that they have joined forces with Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets to help address pet obesity and this dangerous trend continues to rise in patients.
- And more!
Who is ready to head down to Nashville, Tennessee this Friday and Saturday? We are just days away from the Directions in Veterinary Medicine (DIVM) symposium. This is our last DIVM symposium of 2023 and one you do NOT want to miss so secure your spot today. See you all in Nashville!