Good morning dvm360 readers! We hope that everyone had a safe and healthy week and is ready to tackle another week. We are less than a month away from our final conference of the year and our first time at Fetch Long Beach! During the Fetch Long Beach conference, along with all the incredible learning opportunities and networking, dvm360 and Chewy will be honoring the 2023 2023 Chewy and dvm360 Innovator of the Year award recipients. Be sure to check in during the conference to learn this year’s winners!
Here is what you can find this week on dvm360.com:
- In honor of Practice Manager Appreciation Week, dvm360 has interviewed multiple practice managers and produced articles on how companies across the veterinary medicine industry are celebrating their incredible practice managers.
- Purina Dog Chow and actor Anthony Ramos announced the winner of this year's Dog Chow Visible Impact Award, which recognizes the impact service dogs have on the lives of military veterans who experience post-traumatic stress disorder.
- On this week's episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, welcomes Mita Malhotra, MS, president of Chewy Health, to discuss customer service in veterinary medicine and more about the 2023 Chewy and dvm360 Innovator of the Year award.
- The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine is currently looking for new candidates to join its “animal instructors” program to help educate the week's school's second-year students on how to perform spay surgeries.
- The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) released results from a new survey it conducted that found the vast majority of pet owners believe that the best care for their pet begins with an in-person examination by a veterinarian, and they prefer to meet their veterinarian in person before letting them care for their pet.
- And more!