Happy Monday and last day of July, dvm360® readers! For those who have been dealing with the heat the last few weeks, we hope August will provide some much-needed cool downs for you and your pets. This week’s news is jampacked with updates from zoos, companies, and our veterinary own Vet Blast Podcast so this is a week of news you do not want to miss!
Here is what you can find this week on dvm360.com:
- The American Veterinary Medical Association Foundation (AVMF) and the Veterinary Pharmacology Research Foundation (VPRF) announced a partnership to fund a student fellowship focusing on veterinary pharmacology.
- The San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance announced the birth of 2 Sumatran tiger clubs, the first of these critically endangered tigers born in at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park's Tull Family Tiger Trail habitat since 2016.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Stephen J. Birchard, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVS, joins Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, to discuss open wound management in dogs and cats.
- Weave – an all-in-on customer experience platform – announced it expanded their payment platform, adding a Mobile Tap to Pay feature to allow patients and clients to make contactless payments.
- Boehringer Ingelheim shared that its product FRONTLINE won the Brand of the Year award (Animalis Edition) from the World Branding Forum for the third time, having previously won in 2019-2020 and 2021-2022.
- And more!